Members of NICAR receive many valuable resources and special insights to help them grow their business. We strive to provide members with many member discounts, informational publications, advocacy and education. Members of NICAR also belong to the National Association of REALTORS® and the Illinois Association of REALTORS and receive the benefits of these organizations as well.
- Networking and forums, providing opportunities to connect both inside and outside the industry.
- Monthly programs specifically designed to improve members’ basic knowledge.
- Membership discounts on service through IAR and NAR, including insurance coverage from medical to E&O
- Industry documents for day-to-day use in your commercial practice
- Business opportunities and marketing
- Regular updates about important industry trends and issues
- Political agenda oversight that affects real estate commercial
- Access to MRED
- Commercial Source
- Illinois Commercial Exchange (ICEx)
- Access to RPR Commercial (REALTOR Members only)
- Discounts for Heartland Ad's (NICAR members only)
- Professional Standards - Arbitration and the Arbitration filing Process
REALTOR members are defined as individuals who, as sole proprietors, partners, corporate officers, or branch office managers, are engaged actively in the real estate profession, including buying, selling, exchanging, renting, or leasing, managing, appraising for others compensation, counseling, building, developing or subdividing real estate, and who maintain or are associated with an established real estate office located in the State of Illinois or any contiguous state.
An individual is a primary member if the Association pays State and National dues based on such Member.
An individual is a secondary member if State and National dues are remitted through another Association. One of the principals in a real estate firm must be a Designated REALTOR Member of the Association in order for licenses affiliated with the firm to select the Association as their "primary" Association.
Affiliate Members shall be real estate owners and other individual firms, who, while not engaged in the real estate profession, have interests requiring information concerning real estate, and are in sympathy with the objectives of the Association.
An Appraisal Member shall be an individual or companies solely involved in the appraisal of real estate and real estate interests.
Institute Affiliate Member
Institute Affiliate Members shall be individuals who hold a professional designation in an Institute, Society, or Council affiliated with the National Association of REALTORS that addresses a specialty area rather than residential brokerage of individuals who otherwise hold a class of membership in such Institute, Society, or Council that confers the right to hold office. Any such individual, if otherwise eligible, may elect to hold REALTOR membership, subject to payment of applicable dues for such membership. (SIOR, CCIM, IREM, CRE)
Student Members shall be individuals who are seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree with a specialization or major in real estate at institutes of higher learning, and who have completed at least two years of college and at least one college level course in real estate, but are not engaged in the real estate profession on their own account and are not associated with an established real estate office.